The conversion rate can be explained as; Number of Visitors performing an action / Total number of visitors.
This means that out of the people who visit your webpage, there is a certain percentage of visitors, who perform an action which does not necessarily have to be a purchase but could be any one of the options, mentioned below.
Conversion Rate Optimization:
The process called Conversion Rate Optimization is about getting m`ore people to convert on your website. These conversions could be in the form of;
- purchase of a product
- sign up for a newsletter
- subscription to a software
- hiring a service
- download a file for e.g. an e-book
- fill out the ‘contact info’ section
- give a feedback
- participate in a survey
When we talk about the ways of optimizing conversion rates, a web agency has a variety of options to choose from. The methods you use to increase conversion rates must be effective and persuasive. As for the e-commerce websites, there are two types of conversions, micro and macro. Micro conversions are those that consist of the ‘add to cart’ action and macro conversions are the ones where an actual purchase takes place.
The process of Conversion Rate Optimization is about identifying and analyzing the behavior of the visitors. This way you get an idea of any specific preferences of your target market and can eventually implement them in your web design. This helps to improve the user experience and result in higher conversions. This is done to build a relationship with the customers and keep it functional for a long term.
Following are the ten significant ways of optimizing conversion rates in 2019 that are mostly implemented by the web design agencies in Dubai.
- Grab the visitor’s attention: You could use a very straightforward tone and stay on point about what your offer and how you expect the visitors to respond, but that does not sound very pleasing and interesting. Therefore, you need to use a friendly, informative, narrative and an emotional kind of a tone so that the visitors are attracted to what you are offering and show the interest that you require.
- Less is more: This is a commonly used term which indicates towards the human behavior that does not respond to too many options with due focus. It is best to keep your options limited so that the visitor on the other end finds it easy to analyze them and then make a choice.
- Videos speak for you: A successful web agency in Dubai prefers including videos as a part of web design. This helps in communicating with the audience, delivering your message and giving them the grounds to trust you and be sure that they are investing their time and money in something that sounds and seems authentic.
- Refund Policy: If you offer a refund policy that will be entertained without any questions asked, it is possible that you will attract more customers than otherwise. Online shopping has a lot of risks involved whether it is in Dubai region or anywhere in the world, therefore, giving them the grounds to trust you is very important.
- Pick an effective heading for your webpage: Web design consists of many features in a layout and the main heading is one of the significant ones. The content, color and font chosen for this can leave an outstanding or a disappointing impact on the visitor. Your heading is your business in a nutshell. So make sure its effective, meaningful and precise.
- Place CTA buttons appropriately: The webpages have these call to action buttons that guide the visitors about what they need to do and how. For example, fill out info, add to cart, read the blog, view images etc. are the CTAs that must be placed in a way that the viewer can see in an instant. The placement, color, shape and size of these CTAs matter a lot when it comes to conversion.
- PPC must be synced well with the webpage: If you invest in it, there is usually a large amount of traffic generated through PPC. What you need to do is to make sure that the PPC is well synced with the backlink website, in terms of information provided in the Ad about your product. The visitors should not feel betrayed and take it as an offense.
- Payment Options: This plays a very important role in online shopping that takes place in Dubai. People have a knack of using credit cards or debit cards instead of just paying cash and making transactions. Therefore, it is best to offer different options when selling your product online. This specially applies to the e-commerce sites.
- Highlight reviews: It is a common psychological behavior that when we hear good things about something, we tend to bend more towards it. It is advised to include a section that contains the reviews by the existing customers about their experiences. You should keep the negative reviews posted as well followed by an apology so that the readers can sense the good that you do and also the sense of responsibility that you have for the mistakes made on your part.
- Use Chatbots: I have seen many websites designed in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that offer Chatbots. It is a practice which is highly appreciated by the masses because this way they feel connected. This also makes them feel important and are easily entertained in case of any confusions or queries.
A high conversion rate is a key factor of developing a website and hence there is no place for any compromise. You must discuss this aspect clearly with the web agency you work with. Their expertise can be of great help and with content like what you read above, you must create something that bears fruit from the very first day.