Web development is about creating websites that can be hosted via intranet or internet. The process of web development includes tasks such as web design, web content development, client-side/server-side scripting and network security configuration and no one else can guide you well than a web development company in Dubai so all the details coming up further are brought to you exclusively by industry professionals.
Three main parts of web development that a beginner must know are;
- Client-side scripting
- Server-side scripting
- Database technology
Client-side scripting is the coding in a web browser which is executed and used to determine what the customers or clients will see when they open a website. The client can be anywhere in the world viewing the website on laptops, mobile phones, and desktop computers.
Server-side scripting is the coding which is executed on a web browser and controls the mechanics of how a website operates. This is not visible or accessible to the user. The server-side scripting can be done from anywhere in the world. The job of a server includes processing requests and sending pages to the browser.
Database technology works on running the website smoothly. A database is a cloud which is operated online, used for storing data. This is not restricted to any device or any desktop, in fact, the data stored can be accessed using any device or any browser, anywhere in the world. The most commonly used Database technology is the relational database. Relational database technology is used to store data in the form of groups, also called tables. It allows us to link data together by using indexes and keys which are added to data in order to easily locate information.
By the year 2017, there have been around 3.58 billion internet users all around the world. This means that half of the population living in the world has access to the internet and this can summarize how essential it is to build websites that are productive and user-friendly. Not only do we need to cater to a large audience but also keep in mind how our competitors are also going to emerge from this huge population. A typical web design Dubai agency can surely guide you on the best database technology and infrastructure upgrades.
Here is a guide of website development for the beginners.
In order to start your journey towards being an efficient web developer, there are a series of steps that you need to take and climb up the stairs of success. Here we will talk about them in a nutshell.
- You start with learning some basic HTML since it controls the content and layout which is displayed before our eyes as a user.
- Once you are through with these steps, you have pretty much qualified as a front-end developer. The recommended languages are Java, Python, PHP and a few more.
- In order to gain some experience, you must have a GitHub account. GitHub allows you to store, manage and publish your code. After gaining some experience, you need to enter the real world and it is your call whether you want to be a web developer or be and sound unique and call yourself a front-end or a back-end developer in the outer world.
Front End Programming Languages
These are used to facilitate the information which is exchanged with the database, by sending requests to the backend. Following are the basic preferences for developers working on the client side.
- HTML5: This is the latest version of the Hypertext markup language. It is compatible with all browsers, which makes it useful for all kinds of devices. It’s a cross-platform coding solution which makes it suitable for mobile application development.
- CSS: Cascading style sheets as a language tends to be used for a solution related to webpage design. This language is used to create a visual aesthetic that can be adapted by any device, operating system or screen size.
- Ajax: This language is used for websites that have forms etc. which need to be filled, for instance, it gives options like auto-fill and auto-complete. This language basically allows you to make changes in parts of the webpage without having to refresh the entire webpage.
Back-End Programming Languages
- Java: This is an open source, server-side coding language. It is an ideal language for high traffic sites. Due to its fast and scalable nature, it is very successfully used. With the help of Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it becomes readable on any device or platform.
- Python: Python is very good for beginners with its teaching capabilities.
- C#: This is a useful language because of its strong features such as automatic garbage collection, assembly versioning, indexers, multithreading and simple Windows integration.
We’ve covered a lot but there’s more to it than meets the eye! You may team up with a web design agency in Dubai to know about the best web development practices and all the latest trends.