Interview is one of the first step to hire a potential applicant, leaving behind a first impression of the candidate and whether he/she would be worthy to bring onboard. For the applicant, your reputation as a corporate employer matters most on which he/she would base their final decision on whether or not to join.
Having known its importance, it’s unfortunate that both parties i.e. applicant(s) and companies lack the knowledge on doing it the right way, often leading to wrong hiring. For the applicant, from wardrobe to greeting manner and the right way to take the interview; and for the employer, from asking the right questions to the final decision; it’s significant to know all about the interview process.
Here’s a super cool infographic by Digital Gravity having all the details and steps of the interview & mistakes that are necessary to avoid.
(From a Survey from 2000 Bosses)
Statistics show that when meeting new people the impact is:
In a survey of 2000 bosess. 33% claimed that they know within the first 90 secs of an interview whether they will hire someone.
21% playing with hair or touching face.
67% Failure to make eye contact.
47% Haveing little or Lack of Knowledge of the company is the most common mistake job seekers make during interviews.
38% has Lack of Smile, bad posture, and fidgeting too much.
55% The way we dress, act and walk through the door.
26% Handshake that is too weak
38% The quality of voice grammer and overall confidence
9% using too many hand gestures.
70% employers claiming they don’t want applicants to be fashionable or trendy
21% crossing arms over their chest.
65% Of bosses said clothes could be the deciding factor between two similar candidates
Top Ten most Common Mistakes made at Job Interview
- Failing to Ask For the Job
- Failing to Set Yourself Apart From Other Candidates
- “Winging” the Interview
- Trying to Be All Things to All People
- Concentrating Too Much on What You Want
- Inadequate Research About a Potential Employer
- Not Showing Enough Interest or Enthusiasm
- Lacking Humor, Warmth, or Personality
- Conveying That You’re Not Over It
- Over-Explaining Why You Lost Your Last Job
- Video Marketing and its benefits
- Native Vs Hybrid Mobile Applications – The Ultimate Guide
- Dubai Expo 2020 – A Detailed Guide to The World’s Greatest Event!
- All You Need to Know About Kony Development
- How to Excel at Email Marketing? 9 Best Practices in 2020
- 12 Major Trends to Shake Up Social Media in 2020
- How to Setup Google Tag Manager and Google Ads Conversion Tracking
- Dos & Don’ts to Ace an Interview – Infographics
- How to be a Pro at App Store Optimisation (ASO)?
- Happy 2020 From Digital Gravity – Celebration Images
- Influencer Marketing: 16 Surprising Facts You Need to Know!
- OLX Business Model: How it Works & Make Profit?
- A/B Testing: How to do it Right for Corporate Decisions?
- 8 Reasons for Uneven Facebook Ads & Google Analytics Data
- The 3 Best Web Design Trends for Corporate Team, Staff & About-Us Pages
- Google AdWords: A Detailed Guide for Beginners & Pro
- How would you win clients for a design agency?
- How to create an app like Facebook
- Mobile Website vs Mobile Application For Startups
- Top Mobile Development Tools List for 2020
- How to Monetize your Mobile App in 2020 – An Ultimate Guide
- How to create an app like Instagram – Step by Step Guide
- Surprising WhatsApp Stats
- Top Mobile Design Trends in 2019
- Top 3 Jaw breaking stats for Mobile App